Ingredient Spotlight: Antioxidant
Antioxidants are often found in some of your favourite skin care products, but you may not know what they are or how they work. Antioxidants are such a supergroup of substances that may do a lot of good for your skin, so it's worth learning about them.
At KUMI SKIN, we know how important transparency is when it comes to our skincare products. To achieve healthy-looking skin, we are committed to using highly effective and antioxidant-rich ingredients. Read on as we share some benefits that you can get from our main ingredient - Antioxidants
1. Helps in skin regeneration and repair
- Antioxidants help protect the skin's surface from oxidative damage produced by free radicals and environmental aggressors such as UV and pollution. Antioxidants such as Fullerene, which is x172 times stronger than vitamin C, can stimulate collagen production, which is important for youthful skin. It helps skin regenerate itself and repair visible damage by reducing inflammation.
2. Lighten skin tone
- Changes in our skin's melanin production can be triggered by free radicals and regular sun exposure, resulting in dark spots and uneven skin tone. Antioxidants can help prevent abnormal skin pigmentation by minimizing photodamage. Some antioxidants (like Vitamin C) also work to inhibit tyrosinase, an enzyme that stimulates melanin production.
3. Prevent sun damage
- All antioxidants have anti-inflammatory qualities. It reduce your skin's inflammatory reaction to the sun's harmful rays, minimizing sunburn and providing enhanced protection against photoaging and sun damage.
4. Eliminate signs of aging
- Wrinkles, saggy skin, fine lines and acne breakouts are all signs of oxidative stress. This oxidative stress breaks down collagen, slows skin's natural repair process, and causes inflammation. Antioxidant helps prevent and repair these visible signs by scavenging free radicals, giving skin a more youthful glow.